0:26:40 by TheWeatherUpThere
0:27:35 by TheWeatherUpThere
The ZSR Marathon is an event hosted by ZeldaSpeedRuns. A collection of every Zelda game(including the remakes) being speedrun on stream to provide quality entertainment to viewers, as well as bringing the entire community together for an event that is long overdue.
Not everyone has had the pleasure of seeing all or even any of the Zelda games in a fast paced environment beaten in a way that was never intended. This event is to share with everyone what kind of community the ZSR community is and what we do on a daily basis.
This event will take an unknown amount of time but well over 24 hours to conclude. Giving ample time for everyone to get to see multiple games and potentially bring people into many individual game communities. Providing everything in the planning stages goes well there is still the argument of which category should be displayed on stream. Likely the event category will not be set, giving individuals the chance to showcase the normal “Any%” or another category of their choosing. This is to add a variety so people can experience more than just the basics of individual games.
If you are also interested in having people help commentate your run for any amount of reasons please include the person / persons you wish to help commentate in your game submission.
Submissions for this event will be opened on the 1st of July. They will close 14 days later, on the 15th of July.
Interested in participating in the Marathon? You can find the link to the submission form below!
Rules for Runners
- A majority of runs MUST be done on console, games that allow emulator runs for leaderboard submissions will be allowed to be ran on emulator.
- Streaming is required
- Your run must start when designated to.
- Do not start until designated to.
- Your stream should be up ~10 minutes prior to your run time.
- You may stream however you would like to; meaning splits, facecam, etc. - the actual gamefeed needs to be on top though and without anything above it.
- Keep in mind your stream will be restreamed so it may difficult for others to see exactly what is going on if the gamefeed is too small.
- Please make sure the game is not stretched (4:3 or 16:9)
- You should be in the VC(voice channel) during the 5 minute setup “block” before your run.
- At the end of your run you should leave the specified voice channel within the 5 minute setup “block”.
- If you cannot participate after being selected please let the event organizers know.
- Before dropping from running you must find a suitable replacement.
Rules for Commentators