Back in Time Save (BiTSave)
Discovered by CloudMax
A Back in Time Save (BiTSave) is a glitch using BiT that allows you to teleport from any location to a statue on Skyloft.
To perform a BiTSave:
- Save at a statue or prompt to retain your progress.
- Activate BiT.
- Move to the statue you want to teleport to.
- Select the statue and the file you want to teleport simultaneously.
- Save at the statue, and while the save is happening, Start your file.
The game will load your file at the statue you saved at in BiT Skyloft, and BiT will end.
- If you are required to travel back to Skyloft through the sky, it is sometimes faster to BiTSave instead of flying.
- Since the Goddess Statue is open, you can get the Goddess Sword early and skip obtaining the Practice Sword, although this is slower in Japanese versions.
- The teleportation aspect can be used to sequence break Skyloft; in particular, you can use BiTSaves to skip the Wing Ceremony and Sailcloth, chasing after Fi, and Adventure Pouch.
A BiTSave changes your spawn locations. Your save location is set to BiT Skyloft, while your respawn location remains at the statue you saved at before BiTSaving. This makes it possible to undo an unintentional BiTSave. If you kill Link without saving or entering a new Area, you will respawn where you saved before you BiTSaved.
Also, if you quit and reload your file, you will end up in BiT Skyloft, but your respawn location will still be where you saved before the BiTSave. So dying and continuing will respawn you in that location.
Last updated 06/13/2016