Discovered by Cerpin & Klydestorm
A split second before Link dies, there is a small time window to perform an action such as a jumpslash, sidehop, or backflip. With each press of B while airborne, Link will perform a jumpslash, rising slightly higher into the air and moving slightly forward each time. Due to Link having 0 hearts, his jumpslash is immediately cancelled, and he returns to his normal falling stance, allowing you to jumpslash again. Providing the B button is mashed fast enough, Link may gain infinite height, assuming nothing knocks you down in the air. This allows you to get to heights not normally accessible. Inter-island travel, allowing access to areas early.
If you do get knocked down and land on the ground, you can start your hover back up from where you land, using the same process described above.
- Reduce your health to 1/4 heart.
- Face a ledge that is far out of reach.
- Take knock-back damage (damage that knocks Link over). Bombs are most often preferred.
- Hold L and mash both A and B simultaneously.
- Once you have gotten off of the ground you can switch to just mashing B.
- Unfortunately, due to Link having 0 hearts, as soon as you touch land or water, Link will die. The only way to prevent dying is to land on either a fairy or a heart drop.
- If you have a bottled fairy, you cannot start a hover, as the fairy will revive you the moment you lose your last heart.
- If you get knocked down during your hover, it is possible to resume hovering after hitting the ground by again holding L and mashing both A and B.
- While it's possible to start a Zombie Hover off any means of damage besides death-warps, damage that knocks you down has the largest window to start the hover, and is highly recommended.
Last updated 11/28/2016