Discovered By GlitchesAndStuff (N64)
The Gainer is a backflip that moves forward. Unlike in Ocarina of Time, it can be used to grab onto ledges that would normally be too high. It can be performed as any Link.
- Target next to a wall
- Backflip and release the target button at the same time
- One frame later, press the target button again.
Link should backflip against the wall. If there is a grabbable ledge within reach, he will grab onto it. You can also home buffer the trick, as it can be tricky to perform:
- Hold target against a wall.
- Press Home and let go of the target button.
- Hold backwards and buffer an A button press.
- Buffer a target press (Link should be in the first frame of his backflip animation)
The below video demonstrates both the buffered and unbuffered version of the trick.
- This can replace a ground jump nearly everywhere it's used. Since the ground jump requires performing Action Swap, it is faster to use this method in all cases.
- Though it is possible to do as a Goron, it is generally useless to do so, as Goron Link cannot grab ledges.
Last updated 07/09/2016