Early Master Sword
Discovered by Paraxade, SexyZora19, and Kazooie
Faster Strategy Discovered by LogitechSDAZ and Chimpas
Early Master Sword (EMS) is a sequence break that uses the N. Faron Twilit Messengers, coupled with a super jump, to reach an out of bounds ledge from which you can access the Sacred Grove early. The player can then continue on and obtain the Master Sword long before it was meant to be obtained, and with it, the ability to transform between human and wolf.
- Proceed normally through Faron tears until you reach the Twilit Messenger in N. Faron Woods. (In a speedrun, you would only collect the tears at Coro's House and the tree before preforming EMS. Still kill the other Twilit Parasites, but you will collect them after getting the Master Sword.)
- Using the Twilit Messenger on your right (Wii) or left (GCN), perform/release an area attack just before the messenger attacks you. (A good way to position yourself is by standing near the tree root and making sure that the Twilit Messenger is as close to the wall as possible.) You must angle this jump properly or the trick will not work.
- Once on the wall, follow the wall around towards the Sacred Grove. When you get close enough to the Sacred Grove entrance, it will appear on your mini-map. Now jump down onto the ledge right before the Sacred Grove entrance. Sometimes if this jump is not properly angled, you may be death warped before you land on the platform.
EMS For 100%
Discovered By Dragonbane0
Early Master Sword used to lead to a dead end involving the Eldin Bridge portal and not being able to warp the bridge that blocked Cave of Ordeals away to enter, which meant the three poes inside couldn't be collected.
However it has be found that blow up the lanayru rocks before lakebed and then return later on after beating Goron Mines (By entering with the spinner later on) the bridge CS will play once you approach the bridge, making the portal obtainable and hence being able to warp the bridge and enter Cave of Ordeals.
- Obtaining the Master Sword early does lead to a number of dead ends, however solutions have been to discovered to all of them. These include:
- The inability to enter and complete the Goron Mines (though they can later be entered with the Spinner); can be overcome by accessing the Lanayru Province Early.
- As you can't obtain the bow, the stalactites in Lakebed Temple can't be knocked down in the traditional way; click here for strategies.
Last updated 01/22/2016