Discovered by Fiercelinkmaster
Normally Link is only in the "Down A" state when climbing ledges, vines, or ladders. However, with the following technique Link can maintain Down A while he is not actually climbing something.
- Go to any ladder or climbable vine.
- Place a bomb to the side of the ladder/vine (this can also be done with a bombchu but one would need to time the explosion well).
- While standing just in front of the ladder, take out your sword and hold forward, then press and hold Z and R just as Link grabs the ladder/vine.
- If done correctly, Link will have his shield out while on the bottom rung of the ladder/vine and will be unable to move until you let go of R or his shield is hit by an explosion.
- Let the bomb hit Link's shield and he will fall off the ladder/vine. "Down" will remain on the A button and the camera will be stuck in climbing mode.
- Jumping off a ledge, climbing anything, receiving damage, or entering a new area will cancel Down A.
The Down A state has a number of useful and interesting effects, including:
- Link is invincible (however damage will cause Link to lose Down A).
- It allows Link to walk normally on slippery slopes.
- It causes Collection Delay when receiving items from NPCs.
- The Down A camera allows Link to perform 360-degree hovering. However, the C-buttons are normally disabled while in Down A.
- If one performs the Swordless Link glitch, then Down A, all C-buttons will be enabled and Link will be able to use any C item, even ones that are normally restricted:
Last updated 05/18/2014